The depository houses over 900 exhibits including some personal relics. The oldest object, a theatre mask with a chain, dates back to the classical period and was discovered at an excavation in Vani in 1941. The collection of achievement medals made with precious stones includes a golden medal conferred on Dimitri Arakishvili by the Imperial Russian Archeological Society and an enamel medal conferred upon Vano Sarajishvili. The silver crowns of Alexander Sumbatashvili- Yujin are distinguished by their elegance. Of particular note is the vast collection of theatre, film and choreography costumes, namely, costumes decorated with gold and semi-precious stones from the well-known Georgian movies: Bashia-chuki, The Right Hand of the Grand Master, Mamluk, and Keto and Kote. The Georgian National Ballet's choreography costumes of Georgian dances Sadarbazo, Tushuri and Khevsurul were created and stitched according to sketches by Soliko Virsaladze. Famous Georgian dancer Pridon Sulaberidze is represented at the museum by his adjaruli chokha (Georgian national male dress); alongside the costumes of singer Sando Inashvili, one of which- a torero's outfit for Rigolleto -is embroidered with ornaments using gold-thread made in Milan.
Objects belonging to other well-known people are also worthy of attention: Vazha-Pshavela's cartridge for his chokha cartridge cases, Sergo Zakariadze's glasses from the movie The Father of the Soldier, David Eristavi's marble notebook, Dimitri Arakishvili's golden watch and the audio transfer facility he used to record Georgian national songs onto wax cylinders. This last was produced by the British Royal Factory and has the royal crown and initials of a Georgian saint printed in Asomtavruli (the monumental and oldest form of the Georgian alphabet).
Many museum items describe to us the history of the development of different directions of the Arts. For instance, a silk poster for the premier of David Eristavi's play Motherland (January 20, 1882). One of the first exhibits of the museum was a curtain designed by Russian artist Konstantin Somov for the Free Theatre which was established in Moscow by Kote Marjanishvili in 1913. The curtain was thought lost until it was rediscovered in the basement of one of the theaters in Moscow in 1930 and was later given to this museum.
The museum also boasts Maya Plesetskaya's and Nino Ananiashvili's pointe shoes with their autographs- gifted to the museum by Sergo Parajanovo.